Our Frequently asked questions
A deposit of $500 is required to secure your booking. The balance is due 21 days prior to your cruise. Some charters may require a bond or have berthing charges. Event tickets need to be paid in advance.
BYO alcohol is prohibited, but we are licensed to serve your favourite beverages from our fully stocked cocktail bar.
It is our host responsibility to ensure you have a substantial amount of food while onboard your cruise. If you do not wish to purchase catering, you can bring your own food free of charge Additionally, you can use our on-board BBQ facilities for a fee of $200.
Ocean Groove Cruises are surveyed to carry up to 50 people.
To ensure both parties have first hand knowledge of strategies in the case of a cruise cancellation.
• A booking fee of $500 for all cruises is payable to secure a specific date for the client. The preferred date will not be held unless the deposit is paid.
• Your deposit, once paid is a promise of intent to cruise Ocean Groove Cruises Limited.
If the client cancels the cruise, the company will:
• Retain the booking fee of $500 to cover loss of sales due to unavailability of that specific date and preliminary hours of work in organizing the cruise.
• Keep 50 % of all monies paid and your booking fee in total, if you cancel within 21 days of the cruise departure date.
• Be entitled to 100 % of all monies paid and your booking fee in total, if you cancel within 48 hours of the cruise departure date.
If the cruise is cancelled by the company because of adverse weather, urgent maintenance or any other unforeseen circumstances, the company will:
• Refund the full deposit and / or all monies paid.
• Offer an alternative date to the client should suitable dates be available at the time of cancellation.
• In the event of adverse weather at a later stage an offer will be made to continue with the function in the marina berth.
Cruise dates can be modified upto 48 hours before your cruise is due to depart. After this time a $500 fee will required to change your booked date to accomodate for loss of sales on your booked date.
Yes, swimming is allowed when you select our water sports option. We shall bring our fast rescue craft along to keep you safe. We also have inflatable kayaks, stand-up paddle boards, snorkelling gear available onboard for your use. Ask us about our two storey inflatable slide if you are brave enough to have some serious fun.
Parking is available on the white painted zones at Z Pier car park. Parking on blue and red painted zones is strictly prohibited. Pay ‘n’ Display is available for $4 per hour, Alternatively, only pay $3.50 per hour using the INUGO app. Following the parking rules will avoid a $65 fine.
Yes you can set up your décor and / or catering 30 min’s before departure with a few helpers. The other guests shall board 10 mins before departure
We are happy to supply catering based on all lifestyle and allergy requirements, including vegan meals, gluten free options and dairy alternatives. Therefore, please make us aware of all dietary requirements at the time of booking.
Package Deals are available on request. Our package deals include cruising time, meals and drinks.
We depart from Z pier, Westhaven Marina, west of Auckland’s Central Business district. View our map to locate us.
Our hourly rate is currently $600 per hour.
We allow kids and have enough life jackets for 6. Any more than six you shall be required to bring additional life jackets for them. All we ask is that the kids are supervised 100% of the time to prevent risk of falling overboard. We do not host children’s birthday parties.
Safety onboard the vessel is paramount. Guests are not always aware that some items, that would
normally be considered safe on land, may pose a hazard to themselves, others or safety equipment
on the facilities whilst out on the water. The items listed below fall in that category and are
• Confetti / streamers (confetti balloons, confetti bombs, party poppers)
• High Heels / Stilettos (please remove when boarding or bring sensible footwear)
• Shoes with marking souls (to avoid additional cleaning costs)
• Naked flames (chaffing dishes, candles). Cake candles excepted.
• Sparklers / fireworks / firearms
• Shisha / Hooka Pipes
• Spray sunscreen
For safety reasons we ask guests to bring boat friendly footwear. Flat shoes or wide heeled shoes or sandals. We recommend not wearing high heels as the movement of the vessel can put you of balance and risk injury. Stiletto shoes are prohibited to be worn inside the vessel for the above reason and to prevent damage to the flooring. We ask that you remove high heels/ stilettos upon entry.